Wednesday, July 11, 2012

zucchini pasta

I love pasta. I love bread. I love carbs in general. Sadly, they don't love me.   So, in order to cut the carbs I indulged in my love for kitchen gadgetry and purchased the Paderno turning slicer. My goal: to make zucchini pasta. Today I fetched a fairly large zucchini and busted out the slicer. I was pleasantly surprised. It was incredibly easy to use and my big zucchini created a giant bowl of "noodles". 
making zucchini noodles 

















Directions:

Place zucchini noodles in a large pot with an inch or so of boiling water. 
Put the lid on and let the noodles steam until they are al dente. They shouldn't be crunchy or mushy but somewhere in the middle.  Once the noodles are ready drain them; they create a lot of their own juice. Drizzle on garlic infused olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.

Top with your favorite sauce, cheese, peppers, etc. Tasty!





1 comment :

  1. How much does this peeler cost? I really like this idea but I'm the only one in the family that would eat that, so it would mostly be for lunch that I would use it. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete