Friday, June 22, 2012

Black Cherry Zevia Granita

Zevia - I love this soda. I found it three years ago when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter. Half way into my pregnancy I developed gestational diabetes and ended up on a daily routine of finger pricking and insulin shots. Food choices were tricky and I was limited. I needed cola and I needed a cola without sugar or any of the chemical replacements like Aspartame or Splenda. I thought I was out of luck until I stumbled across Zevia at our local Whole Foods. Zevia is made with Stevia. No gluten, no sugar, no calories - and it is delicious. Yeah!!! I loved it then and I still love it. One of my favorites is Black Cherry. So, in honor of cherry season, I hope you dieters out there will enjoy my Black Cherry Zevia Granita. 



Ingredients:

3 cups of of pitted dark cherries
1 can of Black Cherry Zevia soda


Directions:

Puree pitted cherries in a blender. I added the entire 3 cups and blended all at once.
Add in one can of Black Cherry Zevia.
Pour mixture into an 8x8 glass baking dish.
Place in the freezer.
Scrape the mixture every so often (40min) or so until frozen.

Eat it up. Yum!


No comments :

Post a Comment