Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pancetta Egg & Kale Cups

Eggs! Eggs! Eggs! The low carb diet staple goes great with pancetta and savory sauted kale. I cooked my eggs until they were completely cooked so you could literally pick up and walk away with your egg cup with very little mess.

For this recipe simply
  1. line muffin tins with 2 slices of pancetta for each "cup". One package of my Whole Foods pancetta made enough for six cups.
  2. add a tablespoon of kale that was sauted with onions and garlic into each cup. I used just under a cup.
  3. crack an egg into each cup
  4. bake at 400 until eggs are done and pancetta is cooked through. 
note: I cooked mine until my eggs formed a bit of a "crust". I sliced that off and ended up with a hard-boiled style egg. The kale was crispy on top like kale chips and the pancetta was crispy and chewy. So good. Serve with tomato slices topped with basil and a touch of olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.



No comments :

Post a Comment